Sunday, October 7, 2012

Work Share!


A few weeks ago, I started working at an organic farm on Saturdays for their work share program.
We get there super early (the roosters are still crowing), load up the truck full of food and supplies, drive out to the farmers market site, set up, sell sell SELL for about 3-1/2 hours,  break down (not emotionally), and head back to the farm to unload the truck.

In exchange, I get the weekly CSA amount of food. It's not a hard gig and I get a ton of food, so I love it.
Here's what I got this week: spinach, mixed lettuce greens, delicata squash, turnips, sweet potatoes, beets, broccoli, a dozen eggs, and a pint of blueberry ice cream which smells delicious and is therefore hiding out in my freezer behind some soup bones.

Not pictured: Brussels sprouts I made last night, three turnips I made last night, two sweet potatoes I made this morning, and a bunch of green beans I just forgot about.

The market runs through the third week of November. I will be super mega bummed when the season ends, because FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment