Saturday, October 6, 2012

Just the Food, Ma'am - 10/5/12

Breakfast
Messy ass omelet in a Pure Wrap with Oven Cooked Bacon.
Sugar-free, garbage-free applesauce (not pictured, because I almost swallowed the container whole)
Pu'ehr tea with freeze dried strawberries and a slice of orange
so pretty like flower



I know, I know. This is beyond ugly.

This was a live and learn moment for sure. A lesson to all of you: when you put hot things in a Pure Wrap, eat the damn thing right away or this happens. The poor wrap didn't stand a chance between the hot fillings and my putting it in a ziploc bag. It just disintegrated. But whatever, it was still delicious.

I had made some Oven Cooked Bacon the night before and started out by reheating that in the microwave. I laid out a Pure Wrap so it was ready to roll. I sauteed some bell peppers, sweet onion, green onion, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and sweet tomatoes in coconut oil respectively until they were tender and sweaty looking.

I seasoned the veggies with an eensy bit of salt and a load of pepper, then poured in two pasture raised eggs I'd whipped up with some coconut milk. I let the eggs set and after a few minutes, flipped them to cook on the other side. Omelet and bacon were added to the wrap, rolled up. Breakfast! Yeah WOO! Too much caffeine.




Lunch
Paleo Cabbage Rolls
Navel orange
Water with a slice of orange



Maybe I'm cuckoo, but I don't see a temp on that recipe for the cabbage rolls. I used a ground beef/pork/lamb mix and baked mine at 350 for over an hour, so they probably should have baked at 375 or 400 to make the one hour time. Also, mine were in the pan so snugly that the tomato sauce bubbled over. To be safe and avoid having to clean the oven later (UGH), put a rimmed cookie sheet under your baking pan. 

Dinner
Delicata Chipotle Chili with topped with green onions, cherry tomatoes, and coconut milk.
Stuffed Acorn Squash


No comments:

Post a Comment