Saturday, October 26, 2013

Weekends are for serious business breakfast.

I've had a pound of pork belly in my freezer for a few months. It had been buried underneath frozen veggies that I'd amassed at the farmers market over the summer, but I uncovered it the other day when I was clearing room in the freezer for my new roommate. I took it out to thaw last night, figuring I'd only have time to cook it on the weekend. For those who aren't aware, cooking pork belly can be kind of an ordeal.

So here's what I did for breakfast this morning:

A perfectly poached egg, Crispy Glazed Pork Belly, and Duck Fat Home Fries. It was all of the delicious at one time.

I was going to make Hollandaise sauce for the egg, but it broke, as have my last two attempts due to my ADD (seriously), so I decided to go without. Honestly, I didn't even miss it so it all worked out.

For the poached egg, I brought a small pot of water to a boil, then added a tsp of apple cider vinegar and reduced the heat to low. I cracked an egg into a small glass just in case I spazzed out and cracked some of the shell into the egg. I slid the egg into the boiling water, covered the pot, and let it cook for three minutes. After the three minutes were up, I scooped it out of the pot, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and enjoyed the hell out of my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment